Burying Food Scraps on Pots Experiment - Benefits and Downsides Part 1

Burying Food Scraps on Pots Experiment - Benefits and Downsides Part 1

In this video I want to see what happens if I bury food scraps in the bottom of a planting pot to help filling completely the new residence for my herbs which are in need of a bigger pot.
Since the soil needs amendment and I don't have much of it to spare I thought it is appropriate to bury food scraps in the bottom of the pot to provide the soil the nutrition that it needs for the next few months.
I am concerned that the rotten scraps may make sick or even kill the plants that are being planted on this pots.
The first pot will be filled 1/3 of it with full food scraps, the second one 1/3 of it will be filled with food scraps + perlite and the third one will be filled 1/3 with partly decomposed food scraps + perlite.
If you have ever wondered what happens if you do that, this video will give you some visual evidence of the results.
Video 1 of 2

gardengardeningsoil

Post a Comment

0 Comments