Touhou 8 - LNB attempt with reasonably good early game

Touhou 8 - LNB attempt with reasonably good early game

Decided to try a low-miss early game after practicing it for a bit. I had practiced a bit the other stage portions as well, but not too much of Marisa and Eirin. I plan to do that in the mean time.
Doing this run revealed some problems that I should fix, and I might do a similar thing for future challenges, as it lets me explore the game in more realistic conditions to know what can go wrong in a full run.

For a run, I expect something around:

No miss in Wriggle

1 miss in Mystia
(First spell or second non)

1 miss in Keine
(Ephemerality 137, or perhaps if the Gods of precise positioning decide to not like me in the second spell)

2 misses in Marisa
(There are some precise nons, and the first spell is quite hard to read)

2 misses in Stage 5
(Tewi's first, and potential choke in Reisen's second or third spells)

And whatever I have left for the finale.

Ideally I'd like to no miss until Marisa, which seems possible. Getting an LNN in Marisa after that is unlikely to happen, though.
I could consider a no miss in Mystia, since it's still early to reset without losing much, but I would like to avoid resetting too often. Instead, the hope is that doing well later could compensate it (otherwise then I reset).

That is only an estimate to help me manage resets. It's sort of similar to how I would plan when to use bombs in other runs. I think of a good early game as giving me extra chances to mess up later.
In this case, the actual run would be quite different from the plan, but the net amount of lives at the final stage should be hopefully similar or better.

I practiced Stage 1 to NMNB since my first Lunatic 1cc in this game, so I shouldn't miss there too often. In this case, if I miss I reset (I wouldn't do something like that in LoLK or SA, though, as the stage 1 in those games are not as trivial as this).
And if I happen to miss there frequently, then I suppose it would be a good idea to take a break and play a bit the later stages for fun/extra practice.

First death to Mystia's second. I never ran away like that while in practice, why did I thought of doing it in an actual run?

The cheese strat in Marisa can be used to capture that spell. The curving non usually goes better than that, and with full power you deal enough damage.

Two deaths to the same spell is quite painful. I noticed that I almost never practice how to continue the spell if I fail. For regular runs, not a problem, since the bombs always get restocked. For LNB, it should be quite useful to learn that.

I know what will happen in Stage 5 more or less, but I mess up the side in which the fairies appear. It's not too big of a problem for dodging, but some optimizations in item collection could make a difference.

Pretty clueless about what to do in Tewi's first. I'll practice it, but for now I just position myself roughly based on what I see approaching and hope for the best.

Reminder to not try reaching PoC in Reisen's nons.

Missing about 200 items for the next extend. I hope routing it better is enough to get another extend.

Three lives for the final stage was somewhat doable, but still not consistently right now. Apollo 13 could take 2 lives or maybe more. Doing the final without full power can be a bit tricky sometimes as well.


I might stream some attempts of this. I noticed it helps a bit with storage, since otherwise I would have to delete failed runs very often.

I'm also currently writing a .txt file with some strategies. I might expand on them with a video later, and I should probably do one about LoLK and PCB as well one day.

Depending on how well it goes, the reset system, making routes and these troubleshooting runs will be the basis for my future play style. Unless it's something I feel I could do just by brute force or if it's a blind run, that is.

Touhouattemptreasonably

Post a Comment

0 Comments