2021 Renfro Valley Dual Sport - Off Course

2021 Renfro Valley Dual Sport - Off Course

Renfro Valley Dual Sport Ride Part 7 - Off Course

In this video we miss a turn and get off course (along with a lot of other riders). This off-course trail was mainly rocky and wet. It was really fun and challenging for not being a part of the course.

June 19-20
Mt. Vernon, KY

This video is of my riding experience on the Renfro Valley Dual Sport event. I ride a 2016 Husqvarna TE300 2 stroke. My friend, Steve Matheny told me about this ride years ago, and I finally was able to make it to this one. He is also one of the course coordinators. His suggestion was to stay on the main course given my skill level. My friend Neil Bouchillon went with me (you’ll see him a lot in my videos). Neil has years of experience and is very good on single track. So, needless to say, we went off the main course and tackled some of the Advanced sections. Some were tougher than others and I edited out some of the fussing/cussing and struggling when picking up the bike in order to save time on the video.

This ride was just a week shy of being 6 months from my open heart surgery (1/6/21). So, please excuse the huffing and puffing in the videos. My cardio fitness was no where near where I would have liked it to have been. However, that being said, I felt that I had a great ride and tolerated the physical challenges rather well. Other than riding some as a kid, I have only been riding dirt bikes for about the last 10 to 11 years and sporadically at best.

We stayed at a cabin at the Renfro Valley KOA Holiday (606-256-2474) at 184 KOA Campground Road, Mt. Vernon, KY 40456. The staff were excellent, very welcoming and hospitable. They made sure we had everything we needed and were eager to assist in anyway they could. The shower house was really nice and very well stocked & maintained (floor was slippery when wet).

The Renfro Valley Dual Sport event was great! Everything seems to flow from sign up, check in, rider’s meeting, etc. Lunch was great and appeared to be plentiful, I know I got my fill. I believe there were around 600 riders at the event. Great job by the event coordinator and all involved in making this ride a great experience! This was my 4th dual sport ride and they seem to keep getting better with each one.

RenfroValleySport

Post a Comment

0 Comments