We Are Sea Creatures | Kyra Husen | TEDxYouth@SWA

We Are Sea Creatures | Kyra Husen | TEDxYouth@SWA

Kyra Husen is a student of biology like no other, driven by natural curiosity and a desire to better understand the world around her. She is a student in Grade 11 at Sinarmas World Academy and a published author, having her manuscript on synthetic biology solutions to plastic degradation published last year when she was in Grade 10. She has led several research projects in Biology outside of class and has travelled to the United States to work in university labs. She sees nature as an ultimate source of inspiration from which to attack some of the biggest problems of today. Have you ever seen a beach liberated from trash? I am 16, and my answer is..."no!" Believe it or not, I have seen fishermen, people whose entire existence depends upon the sea, treat the ocean with complete disregard! It's such a shame, because he and many others rely on the only ocean we have. I rely on the ocean to fulfil my curiosity about sea creatures. Through sharing the unique stories of several sea creatures and my knowledge of them, I hope to inspire you to protect our only ocean. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx

BiodiversityBiologyBiomimicry

Post a Comment

0 Comments