43 yard head shot? Plausible.

43 yard head shot?  Plausible.

I've seen the video of the heroic Tucson, AZ officer who stopped a threat at 43 yards with his M&P9 service pistol.

Much speculation online in various gun forums as to if it's repeatable. Went to my favorite gravel pit to find out if an average, out of shape, former federal LEO could repeat the performance using crappy ammo.

Fired three pistols at 43 yards, off-hand, 5 shots each, with 2-second splits, as close to the video as possible.

First pistol was my carry gun, a P365. No hits. Next was an M&P40, which was the closest pistol I had to the officer's weapon. It scored two solid hits. Then fired my Glock G23. Two more hits that were to the right. Not sure why I say in the video when at the target that the P365 scored the first two hits. It missed completely. Maybe with fine-tuned defensive ammo it would do better.

Anyway, interesting exercise. I'm an average shooter and was able to get hits, so I deem the scenario of well-trained officer getting a head shot at 43 yards with his duty pistol as plausible.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/6OjObP-aQfKyh6ZCmdvfKw.-35_YwoigMfCpU_k2S1d7v

Post a Comment

0 Comments